It was Leyla's 8th birthday at the end of last week. I can't believe that she is such a big girl now! It seems like yesterday I was rushed into hospital to have her! I almost had her at home after being sent home earlier in the day and being afraid to go back in just in case they sent me home again. She has turned into such a lovely little girl. She can have a hard, gobby front sometimes and she can be a handful but underneath she is so loving and sentimental. She is pretty shy but once she is your friend, she will do anything for you. She is like me in a lot of ways, so sometimes we do clash, but she knows that I would do anything for her, and always be in her corner.
I was 24 when I had Leyla and I truly believe she saved my life. It is no secret to those who know me that I was anorexic before I got pregnant. I think the fact that there was a baby inside me was the only thing that was ever going to give me the motivation to get better. It wasn't just my body anymore! Her middle name is Grace and I always call her my saving grace because that's what she is. I don't think I would be here today if it wasn't for her, and then later Naomie and Kieron. They are my everything and I am so lucky to have all of them.
For her birthday, I decided that she deserved some pampering, so I arranged for her, Naomie and one of their cousins to go and get their nails done. They went to a gorgeous little place in Shrewsbury called The Salon and they had a lovely afternoon! I can't fault The Salon. Even after a disaster with a taxi, which ended up with us being 40 minutes late, they still gave us our appointment and did all three girls nails beautifully. Leyla went for pink sparkly and Naomie went for red sparkly, both to match their dresses.
Instead of a party, we went for a big family meal and Leyla invited some of her best school friends. Leyla's nan had ordered a cake to be made especially for her, a pretty sparkly heart shaped cake which the restaurant staff brought out for her and which Leyla was delighted with! She had a lovely day.
In honour of her birthday, I thought it would be fun to ask her a few questions and then I have something I can look back on next year, to see how much she has changed.
- What is your favourite colour? Lilac
- What is your favourite toy? Seker
- What is your favourite fruit? Apple and mango
- What is your favourite TV show? Teen Titans Go
- What is your favourite film? Goosebumps movie
- What is your favourite game? Tag
- What is your favourite animal? Chihuahua
- What is your favourite song? Rockabye
- What is your favourite book? Goosebumps
- Who is your best friend? Mia
- What is your favourite drink? Coke
- What toy do you take to bed with you? Seker and Leah
- What is your favourite meal? Spaghetti bolognese
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Singer
- Do you have any pets? Cat called Jareth
Happy 8th birthday, Leyla!